DIY – Bench Build Out using two IKEA Hemnes TV consoles. Full Step-by-Step Tutorial.
- You can easily accomplish this piece with an old bureau. So not only do you get to recycle, but you get to create an aesthetically pleasing furniture piece!
- If you don’t have an older lowered bureau, you can usually find old ones at yard sales or thrift furniture stores.
- When you have acquired this piece, you want to paint it your desired color.
- Then you want to install the proper hardware on it that you’d like.
- Next, you want to purchase a plank/board of wood that is the measurements of the top plus on inch, so it has slight over hang. This is so it’s more comfortable to sit on if you have longer legs.
- Now, you want to buy cushioning/padding. Then you want fabric of your choosing.
- When you have acquired this, what you want to do is put the padding on, all over the cushion, end to end. Now, you want to wrap your fabric around this board, so that it covers the whole thing. With your hot glue gun , you want to enclose the pieces on the wood with some glue.
- After you have done that, you want to attach this to the top of the lowered bureau with a nail gun.
- You want to nail gun every 6-12 inches, so you can create tufts in the padding. This not only secures this to the wood but it creates a aesthetically pleasing style for your furniture.
- When you have done that, you want to take specific buttons and your glue gun . Then cover the nails with these tuft buttons . You have just create a tufted bench!